Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Gokul Sandiva Face Powder

I find it easier to review a product by matching what the maker claims as opposed what is actually the result - if a product doesnt claim to be long-stay, why rate it bad for staying power! So, I will make my review short and sweet [not very!] for this product.



Gokul is a South Indian brand that is famous for its talc powder; I remember my aunt using it on her face religiously after a bath. I have fond memories of this brand, so when I was in a retail store in Chennai and found this product, I was much intrigued and didnt hesitate to buy this. For around 100 bucks, it was not a costly experiment and I felt that any foray into makeup world by Indian brands should be encouraged....



This is what the product claims [from medplusbeauty website] :
Gokul Sandiva Sandalwood face powder is a natural make up made from pure sandalwood, saffron, rose extracts, sandal oil and natural minerals. This therapeutic blend works all day to give you a clear, glowing complexion. The natural fragrance of sandalwood enhances your mood and keeps you feeling fresh all day.
The words like Sandal, natural makeup, saffron etc got me real excited and I kinda hoped for a mineral-makeup effect from this powder. So much for my great expectations. Let me start by comparing what they say against what I got:
1.   natural make up made from pure sandalwood, saffron, rose extracts, sandal oil and natural minerals - Makeup? Not at all... Makeup is something that is something to be a layer on your face, giving an effect... so sandal-colored-talc-powder :- not really makeup at all. Again for a product that claims to be completely natural, I would have expected a complete listing of ingredients - not so!
2.  clear, glowing complexion - Again, no! How do they expect a talc powder to provide clear glowing complexion??? On layering the product, I got a whitish cast -  that is not glowing complexion! 
3. Sandal fragrance - yeah, got that right!
The packaging is nice, with a gold color lid, but the product fall out is very high. The texture of this powder is very rough, it actually felt harsh on my skin. It doesnt apply well, it is not a makeup product- its not even a good talc! The only use I derive from this product, is as a setting powder if I dont find anything else to do the job!  

6 comments:

  1. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with
    SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

    My website :: saffron extract health benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. My skin is oily type. Gokul sandiva face powder works very well for me. In summer time it is really very nice to wear this powder.I used to travel 2 hrs to my office. When I was using day creams , I was looking very bad due to the white patches created by sweating. But after started using this Sandiva powder , when sweating it does not make my face looking odd . Sandiva powder makes my face skin brighter and oil free for more than 5 hrs. No itching , no heat burns , feeling fresh for more hrs. I am very satisfied about this Sandiva Face Powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. though its not ideal for make up as they claim....it surely gives u freshness to your face...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it may sound wired !! u knw what i will do !! take tiny amount of that powder nd mix it with water nd apply it on my face for lik 10 mins..its basically sandal so it cool my face nd wash it off by gently rubbing !! i swear gives me radiant glow that i even skipped d foundation !! in day time u may look lik anemic patient but its perfect for that night time party or function !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The product is very good.I have pol skin but this product makes my skin oil free for more than 5 hrs in city like Mumbai.my skin glows too. I would recommend it for oily skin

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...