So here is my take on the subject - just tips based on my recent outing experiences, so don't yawn yet! :)
Summer skin care is all about getting that healthy glow without burning your skin - its probably as plain as that.
Here are some things that I make a note of:
- Drink water. Lots. Coconut water, Watermelon juice and Lime juice are also excellent summer thirst quenchers that also pampers your skin from inside.
- Include food items that defend your skin against sun- burns from inside. Check this article for reference: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/sun-care/how-to-prevent-sunburn2.htm
Before going out in the Sun
- Use a sunscreen with a decent SPF. My suggestion is to use something on or above SPF 30 for a daily wear and on days where sun exposure is more, use a SPF 50 or more.
I have read articles saying not to use a too-high SPF as it can make skin vulnerable to sunburns once the product wears off, so I would say, stick with SPF 30-50.
- Keep a sun-care kit. I always keep a set of wet wipes and sunscreen in case I am out in sun for long and I need to reapply my sunscreen after cleaning my face.
- Here are some areas you miss [ at least I did miss these and did I suffer!] ->
- Nose [especially the sides and under the nose],
- Lips and area above lips,
- Eyelids and eyebrows
- And finally, back of your neck.
After Sun Care:
Remember that Aloe vera gel and your skin will thank you, a lot.
Apply a face pack with any of the following:
- Sandalwood powder
- Rose Hip seed oil
If you have sun burns, apply aloe vera and avoid any harsh face products - scrubs, exfoliants or peels.
This is the season for single face products , like a BB cream or TM. You don't want to use too many products when you're out in the sun.
If you prefer matte finish, go for a good Mineral foundation.
Coral Blushes!!! Need I say more? Rock those coral colors now...
Jewel tones are the best bet for highlighting your eyes.
Try fresh tones like mint, lilac etc to give that instant summer look to your lids.
If you're scared of using a pastel shade heavily, use it on your lower lids lightly.
Out with the dark gothic berry and cherry shades. In with fresh bright bold shades.
Bright Oranges, Corals, Pinks - this is the season!
EASY SUMMER MAKEUP KIT
Here is my all purpose makeup kit for Summer:
- BB cream - My favorite is one from Marcelle Canada
- Mineral Powder from Lily Lolo [review soon]
- Inglot Blush [review on the way]
- Essence eyeliner
- Essence I love Crazy mascara [Review on the way]
- A bright Lippie - like Tanya Burr Exotic Island
And that's that, folks! Tell me what you think is most important for Summer and what tricks you've up your sleeve!