I must admit, I am not a huge fan of powder blushes as I prefer cream blushes [or lipsticks acting as blushes :)] - I am all for dewy finish look, so I don't always these babies a lot. But when I occasionally reach for a powder blush, this is one of the few I reach out for.
About Jordana blushes from the website: Price - $2.49 USD
• Color-True Tints for Cheeks
• Face Looks Youthful & Refreshed
• Accentuates, Sculpts & Contours
• Velvety-Smooth Formula Blends Easily
• Made In USA"
Coral Sandy beach is a peachy pink shade with some nice gold shimmers. Stardust is a nice peachy shade with hints of warm brown & would have made a nice contouring shade if not for the slight shimmers. I think Coral Sandy Beach is touted as one of the many dupes for NARS 'O' blush - I don't know. It applies with more of a pinky tone than peach on me.
Both the shades are really nice for Spring/Summer. Coral Sandy Beach would suit most complexions. Stardust -not so much :) It will suit light to medium skin colors to give a nice peachy glow. This can however be a highlighter for darker skin shades.
These are not as nice as Milani blushes but then they are cheaper - so YAY!
Why I like these:
- Price -> how many nice bliushes are out there that can beat the "Below $3" price tag and yet have so many shade options? I am thinking not many!
- Variety of shades -> Jordana just added some more shades and I must say I am super impressed & looking forward to trying out some of the new matte ones
- Easy to blend -> I found that this blends pretty easily, so thats always great!
- Stays for a decent time -> I got like 5-6 hours stay which is quite decent
- Easy to use especially for a beginner -> This is not very pigmented blush which means that its great for beginners to learn how to layer and apply
|Stardust on the Left, Coral Sandy Beach on the righ|
Why I don't :
- Availability - Not easily available in Canada and some how I am not motivated to pay $17CAD for shipping a $2.49 product!
- Powdery texture, not as silky as Essence or Wet n wild blushes. If I were to choose, I'd rather go for Wet n Wild, E.L.F or Essence - more easily available & texture is also better