Thursday, March 01, 2012

Reviews and Swatches: Streetwear Color Rich lipstick in shade Cherry Slush


I read somewhere that women buy lipsticks especially when they are depressed about something as a quick fix for mood uplift almost like how guys drink beer I guess. I was having a bad weather day recently and while randomly checking around the store, I found Streetwear Color rich displayed. Normally I wouldnt try out lipsticks without any idea of the shade and this set didnt have a tester or a shade card or even an SA who could tell me about the shade. But it was an impulse and since I am not very impressed with Streetwear as a brand, though I love Revlon, I didnt expect much from this one but I am happy with this.

 After reading in a blog about Revlon's iconic cult lipstick Cherries in the Snow some time back, I was searching for a cheaper alternative as I am not normally a fan of bright shades and was not very sure how this would look on me. So when I saw the name Cherry Slush, I assumed it might be a Cherry-ish color and grabbed it.


Streetwear's Color Rich lipstick is one of the cheapest lipsticks around but I have always found the colors not so appealing, the pigmentation poor and the scent a bit repulsive in all the testers I have tried. Thankfully, this one is better off in term of pigmentation and color.



This is a deep cherry-reddish-pinkish color that looks more red to me on package but pinkish on application [I dont know how lipsticks do that!!!]. It is a nice face-brightening color, but must be applied with a light hand to avoid a garish hooker look, especially for fair skinned beauties. This is a nice daily wear [not office wear] shade for medium fair ladies like me, a safe choice that goes with most looks and dresses.


I would describe this as a classic cherry-pink color which should be a must-have in every makeup stash, but would definitely suggest a better quality one. However for 140Rs for 3.5gms, one cant really complain much about quality :)


I have finally ordered my Cherries in the Snow, will review it as soon as the baby comes.. :)

2 comments:

  1. The streetwear lippys have some great shades but the quality is always a question with these-especially pigmentation and staying power. Gr8 review :)

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...