Friday, June 29, 2012

Review and Swatches: Arissa lip palette in shade Heartbreaker

I got this palette off a blog sale at http://www.indianbeautycentral.com  by Pooja and she was sweet enough to send this to me even before I transferred the money! That is called trusting a fellow blogger and kudos girl.. :)

This costs around 6$ and I saw this in sale at Cherry culture for 5$ and boy, this is totally worth it!!!

The palette is super sleek and offers a peek at the colors of the palette. I saw the other shades online, and I felt this is better suited for my darker skin, all the other colors seems too pastel and light to suit me.


I have a serious complaint against "forin" maal, the one area where our Desi companies win hands down- marking expiry dates on products! Yet to see a forin brand which marked this clearly. Come on! who remembers when you brought what!

L to R - Beige, Creamy nude, Pinkish brown, blueish brownish Pink, offwhite, deep red [as guessed, the names are mine :)]

All the ingredients are listed which is a good thing. The palette comes with a real good mirror. The lip colors are all very creamy, nicely pigmented and lasts a decent time of 3-4 hours. Only complaint there is its a bit drying on my lips so dry-lipped gals, dont even think of using this without a lip balm.

L to R -  blueish brownish Pink,Beige, Creamy nude, Pinkish brown, offwhite, deep red

The only usable colors for me are pinkish and red shades. The 2 shades creamy nude and offshite would be good if I ever plan to dress up as a clown or scare someone.. The other use I can think of for these 2 colors is probably as an eraser or as a tone-down-shade for some stronger shades.

My suggestion is unless you are super fair and likes to experiment better stay of these palettes. The quality is good, but the colors are mostly unsuitable for our darker complexions. 

2 comments:

  1. m ur new follower..glad if u follow my blog too

    www.makeupholicworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...