Monday, June 11, 2012

Review and Swatches: Vedic Line Plus BB Cream

Here is another cream that I bought on experiment basis after yielding to my shopaholic tendencies...Vedic Line Plus is a a "plus" series [honestly, why the plus part?] from Vedic Line. I love most of the VL products I have, I dont care for their gold moisture serum which I reviewed here



I got this almost as soon as they were launched online. It costs around around 250, should be less online. The packaging is very pretty, a girly pink+yellow combination that immediately catches eye.

I found their explanation written here ridiculous! What is this supposed to mean? Vedic Line + is from word Ayurveda? Anyways, the packaging is overall very attractive.


I love the fact that they do not test on animals nor do have any animal derivates.


Excuse the poor quality of pics.. I love that this is paraben free, mineral oil free and dermatologically tested.As to their other claims..well read on..

The tube is a rather less attractive shade of pink, wish it was a brighter pink. However it is very compact and light to carry around.



I think VL people have a problem understanding the product concept. I mean, they use the words Serum very loosely! How is this a serum? I do not know.

The product is a lightly thick tinted moisturising lotion that spreads quite easily and absorbs in around 40-60 secs. My skin is normal to oily and I live in a tropical region, so I guess this should get absorbed faster for dry skin or cooler climate situations.


It has a very pleasant fragrance and gave a nice natural glow to my skin. I am considering replacing my existing TM [Oriflame's Peach me perfect] with this one as this is paraben free and absorbs easier.

Looking at the pictures of my wrist before and after the BB cream application, I think its effects are pretty clear. This is a medium coverage tinted moisturiser in my opinion. I do not have any previous experience with BB creams, as I didnt and still do not believe in being "gori gori" [no its not sour grapes.. :)] as I feel it might be bad for skin, but from what I have read of BB creams, it is supposed to do a lot more than what this does. I did not find any serious change in my skin tone or any other effects that might be attributed to a BB cream effect.

On the other hand, this is a very good TM for daily use. This is going to be my HG TM for my daily makeup routine. I guess VL people just have to get their ideas right as their product quality is excellent, just the perspective is wrong! :)

1 comment:

Please post your comments!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...