Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Young Discovers Youthopia lipstick in shade Petal 323

I thought I would round up today's blog posts with the review of my favorite nude lipstick - yes, I have a favorite nude lipstick, in spite of my lack of trust in nude shades.. :)



This is from Young Discovers Youthopia- a desi brand with a unique take on cosmetics, I will be reviewing their foundation soon. You can know more about the brand here

I was amazed to find a lipstick that claimed to contain ghee [clarified butter] and didnt believe it for a second, but one whiff of the lipstick - and I am transported to my mom's kitchen while she is making my favorite ghee sweet. I have a sweet spot for this lipstick just for that 1 point. Pretty sure, this scent will appeal to anyone with a sweet tooth.. :)



The bullet size is shorter than normal lipstick bullet size and I personally like it. The black casing is sleek and shiny - however I do wish companies will use the casing/packaging to indicate the color of lippy inside.




Its supposed to be a patented product and I like that they have added a wide range of shades. I decided to test this and just got 1 shade, a decision which I regret now that I am abroad and cannot get hands on more of these goodies.



The ingredients are really good and I like the way it applies on my lips. It is a bit waxy but as you apply it gets smoother and gives a nice even layer pretty easily. The color is creamy nude-ish pinkish brown with a red under tone. On my lips, due to underlying violetish pigmentation it shows up as a pinkish nude, but on fairer lips it might be a peachy nude. This is one nude shade that I would say will suit Indian skin tones- nudes usually look good only on very-fair to fair complexions and on very even skin tones and require superb makeup. Even with this shade, I apply a light layer of brownish or pinkish gloss for a brightening effect.



Dry lips needs lip balm before you apply this lipstick but it is not drying as such and doesnt settle in fine lines. It doesnt stay much long, only around 1-2 hours but then the company doesnt claim that it will. In fact, I like that the brand stresses on the goodness of the ingredients and the claims are in line with the effect of these ingredients - a refreshing change from many brands with tall claims!

I like their lipstick and the foundation, I hope they will add more products to their range like blushes etc.

Will I re-purchase: Of course, as soon as I get a chance.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...