Monday, December 30, 2013

Peachy Orange Blushes Anyone? Reviews and Swatches: Faces Canada Mineral Blush in Amber Rose & NYX powder blush in Cinnamon

I am reviewing 2 blushes here that would be awesome for Spring-Summer and especially beautiful for warmer skin tones. Cant wait for Winter to be over!!

I had this fixed notion in my head that blushes are always pinkish in color. So I used to stay away from any darker or warmer color shades. Then my friend send me 'Aruba' from Sleek Makeup which is a bright orange beautiful matte blush which I reviewed here. I loved it very much and it changed my perception of bright blushes. Now I am very comfortable with using even the darkest of reds:)


Coming back to these 2 blushes -

Faces Canada Mineral Blush in Amber Rose is a shimmery peachy reddish orangeish blush that looks so awesome on warm skin tones. You dont need a highlight with this blusher. The blusher is very pigmented and needs to be applied very carefully as this can go easily overboard.




Some blushes can be applied under face powder for a more subtle effect but blushes like these with shimmer in it are better applied over powder.



A nice way to use a blusher-highlighter, is to apply a layer 1st, spray a mist of water and pat it with a strong paper napkin [dont use wet wipes or cotton] and apply a thin layer again once its dry. This would give a very glossy effect to the face especially for a night event.


NYX Powder Blush in Cinnamon is bright matte orangey powder blush which is very similar to Sleek's Aruba but not as orangey as Aruba but more reddish-brownish tinted. The blush is very powdery and has a high fallout but is very silky to touch & apply.


This is again one of those blushes you have to be careful with application but it is not as scary to try as Aruba. Since it is matte, for a 1st time try, you can apply this over your liquid foundation once it is set and apply a layer of powder foundation till it looks comfortable.



One thing I love about this blush is it looks so good so easily - this is a must have blush for spring-summer. It has good lasting power especially if you build the intensity with layers. I suggest applying this over your liquid foundation, apply powder and then your pink or coral blush over it to get a perfect summer look. Apply a dewy spray or water mist to get a beautiful finish.




Both of these blushes are perfect for warm skin tones and shows up great, really brightens up face without looking clownish. I am only sad that Faces has discontinued Amber Rose but I hope to find a similar one soon.

NYX Cinnamon- Bright Matte Orange

Faces Amber Rose blended - note the highlighter effect

Faces Amber Rose Swatch


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...