Sunday, February 16, 2014

To say or not to say? Review: Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer

This is a product I am in two minds about - sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Let me explain more..

Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer is my 4th attempt at finding a primer that works like one. I tried a sample of MAC prep + prime and I surprised myself by not liking it - weird huh? It felt like I am applying some kinda gooky stuff on my face and I didn't like the feel at all. And then there were some others..


I'd read some good reviews and some so-so's - for the price I thought 'Leme check this one out'... Now here is the deal - this works with some foundations, sometimes this feels good on skin and some other times, it just irritates the hell outta me. I can't find out exactly why and how this happens - a primer that behaves like a kid!!

With my Revlon Colorstay this behaves like a nice one - no worries, stays quiet for a long time and feels good to have around. With my Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals liquid foundation, this one behaves like a kid denied of a favorite icecream - all flaky and no reasoning with it all. And then some days, it sits well on my skin, some days it feels like slime... a tough one to figure out.

Overall - would I recommend it? Nooo.. Would I ask you to run away from it? Nooo.. Do you wish to try a low cost primer and do you have dry skin? May be this one will work for you- All the best!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...