Wednesday, June 25, 2014

NYX Butter Glosses in Tiramisu and Cherry Pie

After using these glosses, I wondered - what exactly makes them sooooo irresistible? 
Is the pretty packaging? 
Is it the beautiful gliding formula of the gloss?
Is it the range of 22 non-shimmery lip shades with a great mix of pastel and bright colors?
Is it the non-sticky creamy formula?
And I think I hit on the answer when I say - its all in the name! 


I mean, can you resist a lip gloss, so prettily packaged with the name "Butter Gloss"? 
(Lets keep aside the fact that trying to glide a chunk of butter on the lips feels pretty yucky and not fun. )
Just the name is enough to conjure up an image right from the pages of a glossy magazine.... Awesome marketing, NYX! Kudos!


You can read what NYX has to say about these glosses here
Price: $5 USD, they have lots of pretty shades too!

My Experience:

Let me start with what I don't like about these 1st, cos thats a short list!
  1. NYX don't ship to Canada and Rest of the world, so we miss out on all the good stuff and sales. I don't consider their "partnership" with MyUS as a shipping option - thats too expensive to buy these pocket friendly products!
  2. As much as I love the sturdy packaging, I wish it was partly clear so I could see the product inside :(
  3.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... thats it? Really?

 Now for the good stuff:
  1. Pretty cool packaging - its fun to line them up in the drawer! :)
  2. Lots of pretty shades to choose from
  3. Non-sticky application with a beautiful glossy finish
  4. Average staying power of 2-3 hours but provides longer lasting hydration - no need for lip balms with these babes
  5. One of the most comfortable-on-lips formula, especially from drugstore

Tiramisu is a pretty dull shade for my skin tone, but could be a nice MLBB shade for paler cool toned skins. 
Its a cool toned nude 'Dusty-Rose'-ish pink-ish brown.

 

Cherry Pie is a beautiful Orangey Red, which makes it a great day wear for Summer.

 

Overall: Well, what is not to love? This is probably one of the best products from NYX. If you don't have them yet, try them soon, cos you're really missing out!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...