Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ipsy Glambags for July and August 2014 -Clearing a Backlog [Combined Review]

Okay, I am late. But that doesn't I can post my 2 penny thoughts on these Ipsy bags right?
So here we go!

Ipsy July bag - "Sensationally Sunkissed"

Is it horribly shallow of me to admit that I love this bright fuschia-ish pink bag? Cos I do :)


The items I received in July Ipsy bag are: 

bareMinerals READY® Eyeshadow 2.0  in the shade The Inspiration

Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass    in shade Cherry

Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08  

Marrakesh Hair Care Marrakesh Endz  

wHet Nail Polish in Facetious


I liked the nail polish, but I'm a bit iffy on the color - not cos I don't like it, but cos it doesn't really suit my complexion. This color is more suited for  fairer skin tones


The product I liked the best in the set was the eyeshadow - not both the colors, but the one on the right called "Passion". Its a beautiful shimmery plum shade, the shimmer not on the obvious side but giving a great dimension to the already pretty color. 
I wish they sold this in singles, cos I really didnt care much for the pale pink satin shade on the left!


As for the other products, the cherry tint is okay and works like most other tints. I like it.

Marrakesh split hair ends thingy leaves me cold - I prefer using my hair oils and rely on a good diet for any split end treatments and it seems to be working fine.

But the award for the most useless product goes to the tanning oil. Really!
Ipsy, this is too much! Don't you consider that your customer group can contain people other than the Fairest of Fairs who can use this product?
We are not all Snow Whites looking for a holiday in Hawaii, just so you know!



Ipsy Glam Bag for August - "Beauty Schooled"

I dont get the bag name - does it mean beauty has to be schooled for, well school? or does it mean, beauty for school?
Anyways, this is one of the most boring Ipsy bag, with the sickly orange polka dots on a cheap white plastic. 
I cant imagine anyone being happy to take this bag to their 1st school day! 



The big focus for this month was the Urban Decay Perversion mascara sample. 
I am yet to try this, but I am excited. 

The other products in the kit are:

Dr. Brandt Pore No More Pore Refiner 
Nicka K Absolute Lip Balm in Grape
Coastal Scents Forever Blush sample
Lord and Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil in Black


I have yet to ty the Dr Brandt one. Will let you know my thoughts on this soon.

Nicka K's Absolute Lip balm is purely for people who likes to be hit by the strong artificial scent of grape soda as soon as they open the jar. I am not one of these people, so this is a turn off for me from the start. 
Also a lip balm in a jar is pretty unhygienic and makes it hard for me to use. 
On top of that, it has glitters - you can see that right? Why? Why? Why? I've no idea what made these guys put glitter in a clear lip balm!

I'll forgive all this if this works well as a lip balm. I'll test it in the coming winter season and will let you know.
However, I don't have much hopes!


Emily Noel had raved about these Coastal Scents blushes. Unfortunately the small pan makes it hard for me to dip a blush brush and use it effectively. Still, these colors are nice and pigmented.


The last and the most usable one for me , is the Kajal Kohl pencil.
Yeah, you read that right. Kajal Kohl Pencil.
Well, if you're from the East, you know that Kajal and Kohl are essential synonyms. 
But Lord & Berry decided not to take a risk and add both the words into the name. Whatever.

Its an average kajal pencil, I've to test it out for more details.
Its not very creamy and not very black. 
So lets see.



Overall: The thing with Ipsy bag is - its value for $10. So its well and good , and occasional great samples like BareMinerals eyeshadow and UD mascara makes it interesting. 

If you're interested in Ipsy, give it a try here - referral link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...